Pieces is a course all about projecting your life through a broad range of eclectic materials in a meaningful and purposeful way.
In this class you will learn how to create a simple no-sew art journal in a junk journal style! You will experiment with creating pages that you have collected and repurposed from your real world, which means you will immediately be taking away the fear of a blank page or canvas and instead, learning to use and work with the layers of meaning already apparent to start you off.
In addition to learning this simple book making technique, you will also begin filling out your journal and the course will touch on more ways to use pieces of your real lives and other eclectic resources in ways that project extra layers of meaning through symbolism and interaction, to help give your pages even more depth.
This class is perfect for anyone who enjoys creating pages based on elements of their own reality, or anyone who struggles with allowing themselves to let go of perfection.
This class will help you to embrace and enjoy imperfection, your journal will exude character and individuality as you learn to think a bit more like a junk journaler – becoming more mindful and creative with what is available around you in your real life, and how to incorporate these unique pieces into your art.
- 7 lessons teaching you the best supplies, how to make your own journal without stitching, art journal page techniques, content suggestions and more
- 11 videos that teach you, in depth, how to create your journal & complete art journal spreads using pieces from your life
- Tutorials, challenges and guidance that will walk you through completing an entire art journal
- 3 Printable worksheets and 2 printable ephemera pages to help you work through the techniques taught
- 13 additional art journal page examples to inspire your own continued junk journaling
- Full list of supplies Johanna recommends for creating beautiful, but simple journals
- Gorgeous photos of each page and technique to help you learn and be inspired
- Tips, tutorials and ideas to make your junk journals personal, meaningful and beautiful
- Action steps to help you begin practicing what you are learning right away
- A beautiful, printable workbook and link to have the workbook printed professional through Blurb
- Access to the course teacher, community support and inspiration through the course hashtag #gmpieces
- Lifetime access to the course, regardless of your status as a Get Messy member
Sample Pages from the Course
Johanna is a young mother and youtuber who is passionate about documenting life for herself and her family. A complete homebody, making and using junk journals is her main thing, but she also dabbles in some art journalling and scrapbooking- and evidently has a habit of blurring the lines between each, always including her eclectic style to achieve similar results.
Get Messy + Art Feeds
With every payment and purchase you make through Get Messy, we give 10% to Art Feeds!
Art Feeds provides therapeutic art and creative education programs within schools & children’s organizations to bring all forms of art into classrooms.